Monday, May 19, 2014

Circle of Stones....

   I loved coming across this little circle of stones in the village I stayed in.  It is called the Stones of Gratitude but I also saw them as representing community.

   We are all part of a circle of influence.  Some family, some friends, some people we never met but who part of our life in some way.  They are our community.

    In SoulCollage®, there is a suit called community.  You create cards for all those members of your circle, in gratitude for their part in your life.  They all have contributed in large and small ways to who you have become.

   I spent some time walking around this circle, ascribing a name to each stone and personally thanking them for what they have meant to me over the years.  It was so fitting, so tailor made to this leg of my Threshold Pilgrimage.  We all need to do this from time to time.  Some of my community members have passed away but others are still with me.  I think I will write each a note...we seldom take the time to say "Thank you for being a part of my life...thank you for being you!"


No comments: