Tuesday, May 13, 2014

On Location - The Burren

   My first "On Location..." post on my Threshold Pilgrimage!  Stepping back into this amazing landscape nearly made me weep...I love it so.

   I've settled into "John's house" and I feel right at home.  On this leg of the pilgrimage, I am looking at "community", especially my relationship with it.

   A serious medical event the week I was to depart has left me weak and trying desperately to recover.  My friends have been so supportive but I know that I must modify my days...be gentle with myself.  I'm here, and there was a brief time last week when I wasn't sure I would be, and that's the most important thing.

   Writing, walking, just breathing in this transcendent place is such a blessing, I am so grateful.  You will understand that these posts will be a bit shorter than normal.  I hardly want to stay inside when I can walk in wonder in this spectacular landscape!

   For four Sundays in June, I will be writing a post for A Sacred Journey on my pilgrimage.  I hope you will follow the series.  The link to the site is in the right side bar.



4 comments:

Mystic Meandering said...

Beautiful landscape indeed! I can see why you would feel emotional just being there! Am sorry to hear that you are not well. May the landscape heal and strengthen you on this sacred journey! Blessings...

Patricia Turner said...

Thank you Christine! I am hoping for brighter days. But just looking at this transcendent landscape is so uplifting!

kimmanleyort said...

Patricia, the Burren is one of my favourite places on Earth. I hope that it is a healing and rejuvenating place for you. Glad you made it there!

Patricia Turner said...

Thank you Kim. I think I've turned a corner today. It is my favorite place on earth, at least the earth I have seen, as well. Another thing we have in common! It is a perfect place for both the contemplative and the photographer.