Friday, May 9, 2014

The Pilgrimage Begins...

A great traveler...is a kind of introspective; as she covers the ground outwardly, so she advances fresh interpretations of herself inwardly.

- Laurence Durrell

   This evening I will, at last, depart on my Threshold Pilgrimage.  I am excited and filled with gratitude for my chance to not only make this journey but to share it all with you.

   I will begin publishing my regular "On location..." posts early next week once I've settle in and explored a bit and if I can find a wifi connection!  The first leg of the journey is centered in Ballyvaughan in the beautiful Burren area of Western Ireland.  A familiar place that I hope to see with fresh eyes this time.

   You can visit my Pinterest board on the Burren to check out some of the locations. I especially like the "stones of gratitude" which is in Ballyvaughan.  I will definitely try and make a photograph of that since it seems to epitomize my feeling about this trip.

   My bags are by the door, my vade mecum filled with wise words and inspiration, my journal, sketchbook and camera ready to receive whatever I'm gifted along the way.  I only need your prayers for a safe and meaningful journey to send me off properly!  Any you wish to send along will be greatly appreciated!

For in their hearts doth Nature stir them so
Then people long on pilgrimage to go
And palmers to be seeking foreign strands
To distant shrines renowned in sundry lands.

Geoffrey Chaucer, The Canterbury Tales


6 comments:

Mary Lynn said...

I know you will have a wonderful journey. I am looking forward to joining you through your blog.

Patricia Turner said...

Thank you Mary Lynn. I feel like I'm taking all of my blog readers along on this journey!

Mystic Meandering said...

Well I have goosebumps just thinking about you embarking on this sacred journey! :) There is a sense of excitement as well as consecration. Wishing you safe travels, an open heart that can take it all in, and of course Divine Inspiration. Will definitely be following along...

OddZenEnz said...

Enjoy your trip!

Patricia Turner said...

Thank you so much! You may have goosebumps but I have butterflies in the stomach! Deep breaths...deep breaths...and yes, Divine Inspiration!

kimmanleyort said...

Wishing you a wonderful pilgrimage Patricia with many surprises. I stayed in Ballyvaughan when I was in Ireland and look forward to your postings and pictures from the Burren.