Friday, May 30, 2014

My Third Threshold...

For Solitude

May you recognize in your life the presence, power and light of your soul.
May you realize that you are never alone, that your soul in its brightness and belonging connects you intimately with the rhythm of the universe.
May you have respect for your individuality and difference.
May you realize that the shape of your soul is unique, that you have a special destiny here, that behind the facade of your life there is something beautiful and eternal happening.
May you learn to see yourself with the same delight, pride and expectation with which God sees you in every moment.

"Blessing" - John O'Donohue

  I have brought along some of my SoulCollage® cards to inspire each stage of my pilgrimage.  This is the one I am using here in Glendalough where I am approaching a more personal and introspective threshold.  Here I will look into myself and try to imagine what I now have to offer those around me and also how I will shape this next phase of my life.

   The poem by John O'Donohue was waiting for me in the little guide book for the hermitage center when I first arrived and it was a wonderful synchronicity I thought.  It seemed the perfect text to accompany my meditation card, which I have set up by my bed along with the wild goose feather from Iona and my prayer beads.

   I think it is a real gift to have this blessing from John presented to me on my arrival.  It will shape my time here as I approach this most personal of thresholds.  As John inspired my pilgrimage in the first place, it seemed fitting to end with a bit of his wisdom as well.  I must say that it is so important for the pilgrim to focus their time on bits of writing. My vade mecum is with me everyday but stumbling upon these special gifts of inspiration are a welcome addition to the journey.

  



  


2 comments:

Mystic Meandering said...

:...behind the facade of your life there is something eternal happening." I love this and believe it to be true. But how easy it is to just live on the surface of life! What a wonderful gift to be on this pilgrimage, to go deeper within, and deepen the Inner Life. And what a wonderful gift these words are, left waiting for you! :) Most propitious!

Patricia Turner said...

Yes, felt it was a wonderful gift. There has been a lot of gifts on this pilgrimage really. I'm very fortunate.