Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A New Year's Day Message...

   A recent ice storm left the landscape around my home in Maine looking like it was encased in glass.  Despite the sun on Christmas day, frigid temperatures (5 degrees that morning and 10 below today!) have kept the ice coating on the branches for days.

   It is hard to be a tiny bird in the winter here in Maine.  I feed them and they reward me with gentleness and trust.  My chickadees are very tame, sometimes even eating out of my hand.  While the other birds, doves and jays and wrens, are a bit more cautious, they are all welcome at the table.

   It is a hard time for the poor and homeless humans in our communities as well.  The New Year is a good opportunity to consider our blessings and to reach out to those less fortunate.

   May your New Year be one of health and happiness and friends round the table.  May you receive a wealth of beautiful images to enrich your contemplative life as well.

Blessings to you all!



2 comments:

Bret said...

Happy New Year Patricia!

I hope 2014 brings you many blessings! I'll be looking forward to reading your future blog postings and admiring your photography.

Namaste

~Bret

Patricia Turner said...

Thank you Bret!