Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Thought For Today...Balance


   Life is about balance.  Everyday isn't sunny and warm but neither is it dark and stormy.  One thing will balance another in time.  This is at the heart of Taoist thought and it is a wonderfully reassuring idea.   I found this image in Ireland when I'd stopped by the side of the road to rest from the tedium of driving.  The day had been very full and a bit overwhelming and this image resonated with me in it's explicit metaphor of balance.  After a wee rest I was restored and continued on my way.  Some, the skeptical  perhaps, would say it was mere coincidence, me pulling over at just this place.  I knew otherwise. I was meant to photograph this little boat and to receive this message from a landscape that knows full well the importance of balance.




No comments: