Wednesday, December 10, 2014

You are What You are Seeking...

   I've decided that, despite my own self perception to the contrary, I am at heart a true introvert.  I am never lonely in all my alone time and as much as I love being with friends and family I enjoy returning to my quiet retreat here in my little farmhouse in western Maine.

    We are on a journey of becoming that which we already are. That is the impossible paradox of our lives.

Leonard Jacobson
  
   I have often referred to the wonderful Rumi quotation, "What you are seeking is also seeking you."   But I've come to realize that you already have that essential quality within yourself that you are seeking in your images.

   This little leaf is just outside the window next to where I write this blog.  It seemed to sum up the idea of this post so beautifully.  Surrounded by ice and snow, it glowed...a lovely heart shape...the last leaf on the twig but perfect in its solitude.  It brought tears to my eyes.
 
What you seek is already within you.
You uncover it by shedding all that is untrue within you.

Sampo Kaasila
 
 





No comments: