Friday, December 19, 2014

The Poetry of Place: June 29 - December 10, 2014

   I've been visiting Little Clemons' Pond for six months now and I thought I would try to distill the hundreds of images I've received from the pond down to a "good crop" of twelve.  It wasn't easy.

   This exercise is always helpful when you become so overwhelmed in a photographic project that you begin to loose sight of the essence of what drew you to it in the first place.

   Poetry was my essence...not documentary.  I wanted to focus on the poetical nature of a place through time.  I chose these twelve images for the personal impact they had on the way I viewed the pond and how that impact altered my understanding and photographic methods in the process.

  Perhaps on another day I would select different images.  Next June, when this project ends and I have to prepare for my show, I will have to make the difficult decision of what to put in and what to leave out.  Some of these will, no doubt, make the final cut...some will not.  For now, these are my twelve images...





4 comments:

Sandra said...

A gorgeous choice of photos - so peaceful and yes, poetic.

Patricia Turner said...

Thank you Sandra. I honestly can't imagine how I will whittle down a years worth of images for the show next August!

kimmanleyort said...

I don't know how you will whittle it down either. A good exercise, though. Such fun watching this project progress.

Patricia Turner said...

Thank you Kim. I've second guessed myself at least a dozen times since I chose these 12! I may need another set of eyes at the end...I'm way to close to these images!