Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Beauty in the Commonplace...

   If there is a recurring theme on this blog, it is finding beauty in the commonplace.  After my post of November 29, 2014 I felt the need to look closer to home for the beautiful.

   The day I made this photograph of my crab apple tree, which is 15 feet from my back door, it was pouring rain. The raindrops glistened like little diamonds on the branches.  I thought it quite beautiful.

   Edgar Allen Poe defined Art this way...

...the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through 
the veil of the soul.

   I always found that a wonderful definition and in many ways my efforts at contemplative photography are very much in keeping with this sentiment.  Nature, for me, is divine presence whether it is in a magnificent cloudscape or tiny raindrops on tree branches.  There is an essential sacredness in all living things.  Photographing it in all its manifestations is my passion.  

   You might like to read some back posts on this subject...








No comments: