Wednesday, December 26, 2012

In Their Own Words - John O'Donohue

    
   Next week marks the 5th anniversary of the death of Irish poet and philosopher John O'Donohue.  I consider it a great blessing to have known John in the months preceding his death in January, 2008.  I met him in County Clare, Ireland and had time to sit and talk with him and we kept up a correspondence that has had a profound impact on me in the years since, especially his thoughts on beauty and the inner landscape.  These ideas fill my own notions of what it is to be a contemplative photographer.

   You may visit the link below to hear him talk about this wonderful topic in an interview done just two months before his death.  I hope you will find, within that conversation, a motivation to explore the world in the new year with an eye towards seeking out this sense of beauty that is a reflection of your own inner landscape and which can be seen and explored in your photography.

No comments: