Monday, December 17, 2012

Abbey of the Arts - Poetry Party...

Snow Tracks by Brent Bill
      I have been a follower of Abbey of the Arts for some time now and have mentioned it frequently on this blog.  I have a link to the website in the side bar.  I would like to call your attention to their Poetry Party.  Since my recent post of "The Photographer as Poet", it is a topic fresh in my mind and I thought some of you may enjoy participating.

   This lovely image is by Brent Bill and is in response to the December poetry challenge,  Kinship with Creation.  I can't imagine a more beautiful example of contemplative photography than Brent's image.  I invite you to visit the Abbey of the Arts website and join in the Poetry Party either with a written verse or an image.

   Christine Valters Painter is the on-line Abbess and she will shortly be moving to Kinvara in the West of Ireland, one of my most favorite places in the world! She will be offering personal retreats beginning in January and if my pages on the Burren and Corcomroe Abbey on this blog have tickled your imagination, you may wish to visit on a week long retreat with Christine.  I'm sure it will be a memorable experience.  In the meantime, watch my video of  Corcomroe Abbey.    Enjoy!

No comments: