Monday, October 7, 2013

A Thought for Today...The Wisdom of Woods and Stones


   Finding this quotation after returning from my trip down east and my experience on the "beach of metaphors" and Jasper Beach was like an affirmation.  I don't think you can practice contemplative photography for very long before the wisdom of the woods and stones becomes obvious.  You will also begin to notice these moments of synchronicity as well.   They happen a lot more frequently than we can imagine.

   I don't think Bernard was dismissing the wisdom contained in books.  I believe he was simply pointing out that Nature can be one of our best sources of contemplative insight.  I couldn't agree more.

   I invite you to spend some time in Nature's library very soon...where every tree has a message to impart and the stones speak volumes in  their silence.


No comments: