Wednesday, October 30, 2013

A Thought for Today....Gifts from the Landscape


   I've come a long way since I first took up the camera.  Back then I "took" photographs.  Later, I learned to think of the process as "making" photographs.  Then, when I began my journey as a contemplative photographer, I thought more in terms of images "received".   Now, I've taken that thought one step further.  I see my photographs as gifts.  The are often a great surprise to me and I'm as delighted by their appearance as a child would the presents on their birthday.

    I know to some this is merely semantics but I would beg to differ.  Your thoughts, and hence your words, are a reflection of who you are or who you would wish to be.  So, go out and welcome the gifts you receive from the world around you.  Open them up slowly and thoughtfully and don't forget to say "thank you'!


No comments: