Monday, February 4, 2013

A Good Laugh...

   There is an Irish saying that goes, "A good laugh gives a person as much benefit as a good night's sleep."  This post is in that vein.  When I began my journey as a contemplative photographer back in 2005 I was anything but computer literate...embarrassingly so.  My new digital SLR camera could have come from Mars as far as I was concerned and the computer...well, I had no idea where to begin.  I hired a "computer tutor" in desperation.  After he had spent 5 minutes rambling on about re-booting and uploading and other incomprehensible actions, he paused.  Clearly he had seen my glazed over expression. I smiled weakly and said, "Yes, but how do you actually turn the thing on?"

   As you all know, I love to tie this blog to ancient monastic practice.  I actually giggled when I found this YouTube video.  Learning a new "operating system" is not unique to our generation.  The Medieval monks also had to sometimes resort to the "Help Desk" to get their technology questions answered.  Watch and have a good laugh....


No comments: