Saturday, August 23, 2014

Gathering Breadcrumbs in the Garden...

Stopping for a Snack
   I was too far away to make a decent image of this little gold finch stopping to snack on the seed heads of the rudbeckia, it was a bit blurry when I cropped it, so I thought I'd try something different.  I used a poster edge effect and I quite like it! Reminds me a bit of the pen and ink drawings I'd done in art school. It revealed a side of photography, the manipulated image for artistic effect, that I'd never really tried before.  Sometimes adversity opens up doors you would never have walk through otherwise.  It also reminded me that it's alright to just have fun with your images...break a few rules and push the envelop.  Who knows where it will lead?



2 comments:

Alan Richardson said...

Followed the link from your Blipfoto profile . . .

Patricia Turner said...

Thanks for making the journey over! Enjoy!