Saturday, November 9, 2013

The A, B, C's of Contemplative Photography - Q

Q is for Quest (and also for Qi and Quieting Your Mind and Quotidian and...)

   A long arduous search for something.

   Back in June of 2012 I wrote a post entitled, "Inside Every Question is a Quest".  I still believe this is true and an excellent motivation for contemplative photographers.  It really comes down to how you word the question.

   The practical, results driven photographer will word the question like this...

"Where can I find the best view of _______ (you fill in the location) so my photographs will be perfect?"

    The contemplative photographer may word the question a bit differently...

"Where is the best location to sit so I will be able to hear what this place has to tell me?"

   As I mention in the "O" post, it is important to remain an open-ended question so that your search for meaning in the landscape is fluid and not tightly defined.  For me, my daily quest is prefaced by a very simple question..."How can a stay calm and fresh sighted today?"  This is all I need to do to assure that my quest is always fulfilled.

   I think I'll print this out and laminate it and keep it in my camera bag!  Feel free to copy this from my Pinterest site's contemplative photography board and make one for yourself.  Here's the link....

 

  


No comments: