Tuesday, July 2, 2013

A Monhegan Alphabet...

   Here I am, (photographed by Leah Haraden; she appeared in an earlier post and turn about is only fair play!) standing at the edge of Burnt Cliff.  I am staring off and thinking deep thoughts no doubt but sometimes contemplative photographers just want to have fun!

    I am providing a link to my Monhegan Alphabet folio below.  Inspired by the letter "A" I saw in the architecture of the little church across from the Monhegan House inn, I spent one whole day of my week on Monhegan hunting for the rest of the alphabet.  It spilled into the next day as well as some of the other photographers joined in and helped me search for the missing letters I had yet to find.  This is a completely fun way to spend a day.  It is also, all kidding aside, a great way to hone your discriminating skills as well and it feels like those scavenger hunts you use to love as a kid!  Those skills will certainly come in handy when you return to your more serious work in the landscape. Why not have a little fun this summer and create an alphabet of your own?  Consider it a training exercise for your perception skills!



2 comments:

kimmanleyort said...

Wow, this is a great exercise in seeing, Patricia. I love what you found.

The Mad-Eyed Monk said...

Amazing alphabet! Love your images. another great idea...I will begin the scavenger hunt right where I am...and the icons of home as well. Thank you for your wonderful posts and photos and blog...