Sunday, June 9, 2013

PhotoTao Card #29 - Tao's Path

Card #29

Tao's Path
Feel the cycles, the eternity, and the all-
inclusiveness of things.  Feel that there is
nowhere to go and nothing to do.
- Exercise -
  When you travel, put away the 
guidebooks and turn on your heart's
GPS.  Then, follow its directions! A
fine-tuned internal GPS will always 
lead you to where you need to be and
that's where you will make your most
profound images.  Talk to people,
discover the hidden places, the less
familiar landscapes.

The Disappearing Path
   I'm all for preparing for a trip, reading up and living the experience before I even depart but when I get there I try to put all that out of my mind.  I try to engage the landscape first hand, up close and personal.  

   All that preparation will sink into your subconscious.  In a subtle way, it will shape your inquiries but never let it over-ride a new discovery.  I can't tell you how many times I set out with one destination or experience in mind to then find myself someplace entirely different and it very often turns out to be a wonderful diversion!

   The practice of living in relationship to the Tao is to embrace these inconsistencies and synchronicities.  You won't be disappointed.


No comments: