Friday, September 7, 2012

Scottish Life Fall Edition...

   I thought I'd just pass along the news that Scottish Life is featuring seven of my color photographs of South Uist in the Fall edition of the magazine which has just come out...in fact, that's one of my images on the cover!

   I was thrilled by the honor since they had already done a feature article on my black and white work in their Summer edition.  It's a wonderful publication for those, like myself, who love Scotland...it's landscapes and it's people. It is available at most Barnes and Noble bookstores or, of course, on-line.  There's a link to their site in the side bar.

    If you are looking for a great destination to practice your contemplative photography I can't think of a better place than the Outer Hebrides of Scotland.  The peace and tranquility of these islands is magical.  It is one of those "thin places" I've spoken of before. This photograph was made at the very tip of Sout Uist - you can just see the mainland in the distance.  I hope to return to South Uist next Spring to photograph the machair - the wildflower meadows - in full bloom.  It is something I've never seen in the two previous trips I've made to the Hebrides but my heart's GPS insists! The thought of it will certainly sustain me through the cold, snowy Maine winter!

1 comment:

Diane Walker said...

Ooh, these are gorgeous! There's a place I've always wanted to go...